Tuesday, February 12, 2013

my love

My love, you are closer to me than myself,
you shine through my eyes.

Your light is brighter than the Moon.
Step into the garden
so all the flowers, even the tall poplar
can kneel before your beauty.

Let your voice silence the lily
famous for its hundred tongues.

When you want to be kind you are
softer than the soul but when you withdraw
you can be so cold and harsh.

Dear one,
you can be wild and rebellious but
when you meet him face to face
his charm will make you docile like the earth.

Throw away your shield and bare your chest
there is no stronger protection than him.

That's why when the Lover withdraws
from the world he covers all the cracks in the wall,
so the outside light cannot come though.

He knows that only the inner light
illuminates his world...!

Rumi

No comments:

Post a Comment